- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups fresh peach slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
- Melt butter in a medium size bowl.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in the medium bowl with the butter. Add milk. Your mixture will be the consistency of pancake batter. Set batter aside.
- Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour into a large baking dish (deep pan like mine works best but you could also use a casserole dish, make sure you adjust the recipe because this one will create too much for a casserole dish). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
- Pour the batter onto of the peaches: DO NOT MIX. Gently make sure that all of the peaches are covered with the batter with out mixing the batter into the peaches.
- Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool. Watch closely as the bake time varies. I am in California and I had to add almost 15 minutes to my back time.
I hope you give this recipe a chance! You can serve it with ice cream, whip topping or just the way it is!!! I let mine cool for about 10-15 minutes then cut into it, and I am surprised and happy to say that it held together nicely! Perfect recipe to heat up the house and serve to your holiday guests!!!